Monday, July 27, 2009

what dreams may come

Aren't dreams amazing? I find myself truly fascinated by them. I read an article a few years back about dreams, and it was awesome (and I sadly cannot find it). For instance, if you want to dream about someone or something, 15 minutes in to your lovely night's sleep, you will no longer dream of that certain thing. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it makes sense for the most part. So when someone says, "Dreaming of you", they are basically full of shit. There. I said it.

I've been meaning to keep a notebook by my night stand so when I wake up in the morning I can jot down my dreams from the previous night. I find that as I get older, I can retain my dreams more so than when I was a kid. How many times have you started to tell someone about a crazy dream you had, and halfway through you forget? More times than I can count.

Lately, I have been having some messed up dreams. I mean, the type of dreams that border on nightmares/did I take PCP before bed time messed up. I was talking to my friend Sarah about one of them from a few nights ago. It involved me going to Kentucky for a wedding, finding out that my Aunt Patty had 2 other kids (a 7 year old and a 2 year old), my older cousins getting pissed at me for not knowing they had 2 younger brothers, meeting Ina Garten in a book store (for those of you who aren't totally cool like me, she hosts a cooking show on Food Network called Barefoot Contessa), and here is the clincher: there was a serial killer on the loose. I kid you not, it was the weirdest tale. And let me tell you, it was WAY TOO REAL. I woke up with my heart racing.

You spend most of your life asleep, but at least you get some entertainment out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment