Wednesday, July 22, 2009

why deadliest catch is awesome

So, recently I have become mildly obsessed with Deadliest Catch. What is Deadliest Catch, you say? One of the VERY VERY few GOOD reality shows out there to date. Probably because it is on the Discovery Channel, and not VH1.

I remember a few weeks back to when I stumbled across this little gem. It's not a new show by any means (this is its 5th season), but it was new to me. I had heard of it before, but I would actually just change the channel before even giving it a chance. After watching a few episodes of Cash Cab (I love random trivia facts), Deadliest Catch came on. Now I don't know if it was laziness on my part to change the channel or what, but I was hooked.

Lucky for me there was a MARATHON of episodes all 4th of July weekend. So I of course DVR'ed all of them, and in the process got my mother addicted as well.

So what makes me like this show so much? Maybe it's because I get to witness one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, and the fact that Mother Nature is in total control of everything. Maybe it's the fact that the captains on the show crack me up. Maybe it's the fact that you actually care about each person on the boats.

Check it out if you get a chance, because you will really love it. Sig on the Northwestern is by far my favorite, because he cusses like a sailor, and has the wittiest comebacks. My kind of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment