Tuesday, April 21, 2009

concerts



I got to talking to one of my friends yesterday about concerts, and I realized that I haven't been to one in over TWO YEARS.  How lame is that?  I remember the summer of 2006, I went to 7 concerts.  And easily spent about 400 dollars.  The best one?  Hands down 311.  But I'll get to that later.  The weirdest?  That would definitely be Def Leppard/Journey.  Seeing people your parent's age wasted in the lawn is a memory that I would like to forget. 

About 97% of my friends don't like 311, no matter how hard I try to get them to like or even LISTEN to them.  Luckily, my friend Sean and I went to see them on the lawn at White River State Park in Indy (which is an AWESOME venue to see a low-key concert).  We saw them 2 summers in a row, and I had such a great time.  Great set list, beautiful sunset, and good company.  Even though I got jacked in the face when we moved closer to the stage. MY BAD.  However, there is one song that almost everyone likes by 311 that I have to convince them to listen to.  "Champagne" is a great song to relax to, and reminds you of summer.  Listen to it.

It makes me really sad that I haven't been to more concerts the past couple of years.  This summer was impossible with my internship, and the summer before I was looking to save money I guess.  Nothing will ever compare to going to Tom Petty when I was 19 and getting out of control in the lawn with Slim.  And took like 78 pictures in 3 hours.  Call Guinness on that one.  It has to be a record.  Or slow dancing to a Dave song with a beautiful summer sunset over the pavilion.  I have many summer memories spent at Deer Creek (screw you, Verizon) that I will always cherish, and the best thing is that I can reminisce by just turning on my iPod.

2 comments:

  1. Careful now, I may or may not have been in the lawn at the Def Leppard concert... When in Rome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha but you are no where near the age demographic I was speaking about...

    ReplyDelete