Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Wow. Only one post for November? I'm really slacking in my blog skills...

Nothing really exciting has been going down lately. Thanksgiving was great. My sister got to come home for Thanksgiving for the first time since she was in high school (which some people think she still is...cherish that young face of yours, Sarah). I made the mashed potatoes, and somehow managed to screw them up. If you ask me how I did it, I will slap you in the mouth. Some people are chefs and some are bakers. I fall in the latter category.

I got to see some friends over Thanksgiving that I hadn't seen in a while, which was fabulous. Work has been busy, and it will be nice to get a little break here in a couple weeks (we get off christmas eve until new years).

I love this time of the year. Halloween to New Years, I'm in The Zone. I truly believe that it is better to give than to receive. Giving presents is extremely exciting to me, especially when you find a present that you KNOW they will like. Needless to say I'm pumped for Christmas. I got all my shopping done already (never happens). This year we are going down to Louisville Christmas morning to see my family. They have come up the past couple Christmases, so this year we are returning the favor.

That's about it for right now. I'm diggin some xmas tunes. I'm an old-school girl. Give me Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra, and I'm sitting pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment